Volunteers are our best resources. If you are a parent/guardian who would like to volunteer, please ensure the following is completed and sent into your child's teacher.
1. Obtain Clearances:
- Volunteers are required to obtain the Pennsylvania State Police and Child Abuse Certifications. Volunteer Cost $0. Certifications for the purpose of “volunteer having direct
volunteer contact with children” may be obtained free of charge once every 57 months. Volunteers will need to indicate they are a volunteer to receive free clearances.
- The following websites must be utilized when applying for clearances.
- https://epatch.state.pa.us for Pennsylvania State Police Criminal History Check (This will be available immediately through the web portal and you can print out the results and send them in.)
compass.state.pa.us/cwis for PA Child Abuse Clearance. 3 business days
online, and will come in the mail 2 weeks. People obtaining this clearance for the first time online will need to create a Keystone ID account. This will be done from
the first page; “CREATE INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNT” If you have done this before online then you will only need to log in through the “INDIVIDUAL
- FBI fingerprinting is not required unless the school districts we have classrooms in require it to be completed.
- If a classroom is not in a school district and the volunteer has lived in PA for 10 years, they will only need to sign the Disclosure Statement Application for Volunteers. This form can be requested from your child’s teacher.
- The FBI Clearance can be obtained at: (Department of Human Services) Volunteers cost: $22.60- https://uenroll.identogo.com/ (Preregister and pay online and then physically
get fingerprinted at one of the designated locations- Service Code: 1KG738 (Pennsylvania>DHS-OCYF>DHS Child Care Services/Program Employee or Contractor) by mail only,
roughly 1 week after finger prints are taken. Give us fingerprint registration in the meantime as proof.
- Pennsylvania State Police Criminal History Check must be within 90 days
- Once clearances are obtained, they must be renewed every 57 months.
2. Additional forms to be completed:
We require volunteers to fill out essential documentation to ensure the safety and well-being of our community. These forms include:
Volunteer Agreement form PG-05
Physical Punishment Statement PG-26|
Tuberculosis/Health Risk Assessment Form AD- 57
- Disclosure Statement Application for Volunteers
Any parent with "crimes against children" is not permitted on CenClear property."
A grantee must contribute 20% as non-federal match each budget period
For a volunteer’s time to be counted as in-kind it must adhere to the following criteria:
- Services provided by the volunteer would have to otherwise be allowable costs that would be purchased from a consultant or other individual or provided by salaried personnel
- Time spent by governing bodies such as the Board of Directors, and the Policy Council for time spent in their decision-making capability related to the Head Start program
- If a teacher or home visitor provides the child’s parents with written plans that are necessary to accomplish the program’s goals
- General parenting duties do not constitute activities that can be counted as in-kind
- Time spent by parents on fundraising activities cannot be counted as in-kind
The Volunteer Verification PG-19 must be used to document donated services. The PG-19 is to be turned in to your teacher or home visitor by the end of each month.
Parent educational involvement is an important avenue for enhancing student outcomes. School-wide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) is a system and coordinated framework used to support student behavior. The purpose of coordinating and sequencing family engagement within PBIS is to increase the efficiency, effectiveness, relevance, and durability of PBIS by supporting children across settings. Click here to learn more.
- CenClear is a Sanctuary Institute-certified organization for trauma-informed care!
- “The Sanctuary Model® is an organizational and treatment intervention based on the tenants of trauma theory. It addresses the ways in which trauma, adversity and chronic stress
influence individual behavior as well as recognizes the ways in which whole organizations can be influenced by trauma, adversity, and chronic stress.”
Click Here to learn more about Sanctuary
CenClear is an equal opportunity employer and service provider that does not discriminate on any basis including a person’s age, sex, color, race, disability, religious creed, life-style or source of payment.