Wellness Program Description
At CenClear, we focus on the integration of physcial health and behavioral health care. CenClear outpatient therapists, blended case managers, and certified peer and recovery specialists all receive training in wellness coaching with the support of wellness nurses to help individuals achieve their wellness goals. In addition, wellness nurses are available for more intense physical health needs.
What is Wellness? Wellness is "an active process of becoming aware of and making choices towards a healthy and fulfilling life." https://shcs.ucdavis.edu/health-and-wellness/eight-dimensions-wellness
Caring for your physical health is as important as caring for your mental health. Integrating physical health and behavioral health care helps ensure health needs are addressed holistically and can lead to better treatment, outcomes and quality of life. https://heartsandminds.nami.org/
- Health Screening
- Linkage to a primary care physician and/or specialist
- Development of personalized wellness goals and support
- Tobacco cessation counseling and support
- Diabetes management support
- Hypertension management support
*Wellness activities are individualized to meet your unique health and wellness goals.
Why is this important?
- More than 7 out of 10 deaths are caused by chronic diseases that can be prevented or better managed. These diseases impact people with serious mental illness at alarming rates.
- People with depression have a 40% higher risk of developing cardiovascular and metabolic diseases than the general population.
- Rates of obesity for people with serious mental illness are nearly twice as high as rates in the general population.
- People with serious mental illness are nearly two times more likely to have type 2 diabetes than the general population.
- People with cardiovascular disease and serious mental illness have a 10-20 years shorter life span than the general population. https://heartsandminds.nami.org
How do I get help with physical health concerns?
If you are currently involved in our mental health or substance use disorders outpatient services, blended case management program, mobile psychiatric rehabilitation services, certified peer specialist or certified recovery specialist programs, talk to your service provider about your concerns. They can work with you to identify wellness goals and support you with achieving those goals. If more intensive support is needed, you can request to talk with a wellness nurse.
Helpful links to manage your health:
- American Heart Association https://www.heart.org/en/health-topics/high-blood-pressure
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/bloodpressure/index.htm
- National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health
- American Heart Association https://www.heart.org/
- Blair Co.
- Cameron Co.
- Centre Co.
- Clearfield Co.
- Elk Co.
- Huntingdon Co.
- Jefferson Co.
- Mifflin Co.
**Services are available to anyone enrolled in our qualifying programs throughout the counties list above.
*Privacy & Confidentiality
Services are confidential: No information about you will be released without your written consent.