Certified Peer Specialist
A Certified Peer Specialist: Supporting Mental Health Recovery
A Certified Peer Specialist is a person who assists individuals with a mental health diagnosis in maintaining their recovery journey. These specialists have firsthand experience in navigating their own mental health recovery and willingly share their stories of resilience and hope with others. Building a supportive connection with the person they mentor, CPS aids in identifying goals and needs, facilitating a path towards healing.
- Assistance in identifying and building natural support networks
- Finding and accessing community resources
- Support finding and keeping a job
- Involvement in meaningful community activities
- Support and encouragement for self-advocacy
- Additional activities that increase self-esteem, hope and empowerment
- Mental health diagnosis
- Must be 14 years of age or older
- A licensed practitioner of the healing arts (a physician, physician assistant, certified registered nurse practitioner, licensed clinical social worker, licensed marriage and family therapist, licensed professional counselor or psychologist) must recommend you for the service.
The Certified Peer Specialist Geographic Location includes Bedford, Roaring Spring, Emporium, Clearfield, State College area, Bellefonte area, St. Marys area, Punxsutawney area, Coudersport area and Somerset County.
*Privacy & Confidentiality
Services are confidential: No information about you will be released without your written consent.