Available at No Cost to Eligible Families
Now offering in-person classes and virtual preschool options!
A journey that prepares our students for kindergarten and life-long learning
What will your child learn in a CenClear Preschool Program?
Preschool is a chance for children 3-5 years old to make friends, explore the world around them and learn through hands on activities. Our students socialize, paint, play games, color and sing all while developing the skills they will need in kindergarten
In addition to learning through play, these children enjoy healthy meals or snacks while also learning about the importance of eating nutritious foods.
You can be sure your child is on the right track for their future education since CenClear works closely with various school districts to ensure our preschool students are learning the skills they will need to move into kindergarten.
CenClear’s high-quality preschool programs also provide parents with a home visitors program. Parents learn new ways to interact with their children in their homes to help put their children on the path to success.
Where can you find a CenClear Preschool?
CenClear offers preschool programs in Clearfield, Centre and Elk Counties. Classes available vary based on location and the funding source.
Who is Eligible?
- Children in families that meet the income eligibility requirements
- Foster children (Head Start only, no income requirements)
- Children 3-5 years old (age based on preschool location and program)
*Examples of income documentation required: W2s, front page of federal tax return, court orders, proof of child support and/or SSI
What Options are Available?
(vary by location)
- Half-day classes
- Full-day classes
- Combination Model
- Transportation (in some cases)
Children in half-day classes spend 3 ½ hours a day in school 4-5 days each week. They also receive two home visits a year or monthly.
Children in full-day classes spend 6-6 ½ hours a day in school 5-days-a-week. These children receive two home visits a year and two parent conferences are held a year.
The combination model provides children with two school days a week and a home visitor every other week.
Our preschool programs are made possible through:
Head Start, a federal or state funded program focused on comprehensive childhood education, health, nutrition, social service and parent engagement services.
PA PreK Counts, funded by the Pennsylvania Department of Education to provide a preschool experience in a high-quality environment that meets the PA Early Learning Standards.
Do you have questions or want to apply?
Call us at 1-800-525-KIDS (5437).
Locations:*Some locations may change for 2019-20 school yearService areas are located in Clearfield, Centre and Elk Counties at:
For more information, please contact us.Testimonials3 months agoYour school and teachers do such an impeccable job with these lil growing minds. My 3 year old daughter has progressed so much with the time and resourses you and your staff have spent on her. She loves the "Veggie of the Day" program. Programs like yours reassures me she will do an excellent job entering the elementary school districts in the near future.
- Bellefonte Elementary, Bellefonte
- Bigler (former Bradford Elementary), Bigler
- Coalport Center, Coalport
- Centre Hall-Potter Elementary, Centre Hall
- Clearfield Preschool Campus, Hyde
- DuBois Preschool Campus, DuBois
- Fox Township Elementary, Kersey
- Grampian Preschool Campus, Grampian
- Harmony Center, Westover
- Houtzdale Campus, Houtzdale
- Howard, Howard
- Matternville, State College
- Mountaintop Elementary, Snow Shoe
- Moshannon Valley Elementary, Houtzdale
- Philipsburg Preschool Campus, Philipsburg
- Pleasant Gap - CPI, Pleasant Gap
- Port Matilda, Port Matilda
- Rebersburg Elementary, Rebersburg
- Francis S. Grandinetti Elementary, Ridgway
- South St. Marys Street Elementary, St. Marys
- West Branch Elementary, Morrisdale
- Wingate Center, Wingate
- Wingate Elementary, Wingate