Mobile Psychiatric Rehabilitation
Mobile Psychiatric Rehabilitation is a partnership between staff and individuals creating hope that attaining recovery from a mental illness is possible. Individuals involved in MPR learn how to advocate for themselves, gain an understanding of natural supports through community integration, engage in holistic goal setting, develop positive routines, learn effective communication skills, increase their insight in regards to their illness and how to effectively manage stressors, as well as, experience opportunities to connect to resrouces within their community setting.
Staff will provide assistance and supportive services to individuals and small groups with the overall goal of strengthening and enhancing transition to successful independent living. Services will address: education, training, career development, financial literacy, community supports, and basic daily living skills.
- Must be a resident of Cameron or Elk County
- Must be at least 18-years-old
- Must have an Axis 1 Mental Health Diagnosis (Schizophrenia, Major Mood Disorder, Psychotic Disorder, Schizoaffective Disorder or Borderline Personality Disorder) *Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis
- Have a written recommendation from a Licensed Practictioner of the Healing Arts for PRS.
- To help individuals incorporate the principles of recovery and wellness
- PRS focuses on each individual's strengths and supports
- To help people identify what is needed to function in their chosen life roles, to learn the skills and use the supports they need to be successful
- To support the full integration of people in recovery into their communities and help them explore the opportunities that come with being a member of a community and a larger society
To request more information about this program, please call us at: