Certified Peer Specialist (CPS)
A peer specialist is person who helps those with a mental health diagnosis stay on their recovery path. They are people who are living their own mental health recovery journey and are willing to openly share their experience, strength and hope with others. The CPS develops a supportive relationship with the person they are mentoring. Through this program they help the person to identify their goals and needs.
Activities may include:
- Assistance in identifying and building natural support networks
- Finding and accessing community resources
- Support finding and keeping a job
- Involvement in meaningful community activities
- Support and encouragement for self-advocacy
- Additional activities that increase self-esteem, hope and empowerment
- Mental health diagnosis
- Must be 14 years of age or older
- Must get a doctor, psychologist, or psychiatrist to approve that the service is deemed appropriate for the consumer
To request more information about this program, please contact us.
- Bedford (adults only)
- Somerset (adults only)