Pre-Employment Transition Services
OVR funded Pre-Employment Transition Services (PETS) are intended to increase the employment rate of students with disabilities in the state of Pennsylvania. PETS are preparatory services for students with disabilities to identify career interests, practice and improve work skills and explore postsecondary training opportunities at an earlier age to maximize their potential to enter competitive, integrated employment.
Group Services Offered:
- Self-Advocacy-The goal is for students to take responsibility for communicating their needs and desires in a straight forward and respectful manner to others
- Workplace Readiness-Provides students with skills and behaviors needed to obtain and maintain competitive, integrated employment
- Independent Living Skills-Provides students skills to access and use community services and supports to increase self-reliance and self-confidence in the workplace
- Job Exploration-Provides students with a variety of opportunities to gain information about careers, the skills needed for different jobs, and to uncover personal career interests.
- Group Job Shadowing-onsite experience at integrated community worksite(s) for a group of students to observe work being done, to learn from people currently practicing in an occupation, and to explore areas of vocational interest
Individual Services Offered:
- Work Based Learning Experiences- allows a student to do real work at a community integrated worksite to connect school experiences to real-life work activities and future career opportunities.
- Job Shadowing-onsite experience at integrated community workplace that allows a students to observe work being done, to learn from people currently practicing in an occupation, and to explore areas of vocational interest.
For more information about this program call us at (814) 342-5678 ext. 2566.
Available in These Counties: