Certified Peer Specialist (CPS/YAYA)
A Certified Peer Specialist is person who helps a person with a mental health diagnosis stay on their recovery path. Certified Peer Specialists are people who are living their own mental health recovery journey and are willing to openly share their experience, strength and hope with others. The CPS develops a supportive relationship with the person they are mentoring. Through this program they help the person to identify their goals and needs.
Activities may include:
Certified Peer Specialists Service Eligibility:
- Assistance in identifying and building natural support networks
- Finding and accessing community resources
- Support finding and keeping a job
- Involvement in meaningful community activities
- Support and encouragement for self-advocacy
- Additional activities that increase self-esteem, hope and empowerment
Counties Served By Certified Peer Specialists:
- Mental health diagnosis
- Must be 14 years of age or older
- Must get a doctor, psychologist, or psychiatrist to approve that the service is deemed appropriate for the consumer
The Certified Peer Specialist Geographic Location includes Bedford, Roaring Spring, Emporium, Clearfield, State College area, Bellefonte area, St. Marys area, Punxsutawney area, Coudersport are and Somerset County.To request more information about this program, please call:1-877-341-5845
*Privacy & Confidentiality
No information about you will be released without your written consent.
Services are confidential
CenClear is an equal opportunity employer and service provider that does not discriminate on any basis including a person's age, sex, color, race, disability, religious creed, life-style or source of payment.