- Parent Volunteers
- Volunteers are our best resources. If you are a parent/guardian who would like to volunteer, please ensure the following is completed and sent into your child’s teacher.
-Volunteers are required to obtain the Pennsylvania State Police and Child Abuse Certifications. Volunteer Cost $0. Certifications for the purpose of “volunteer having direct volunteer contact with children” may be obtained free of charge once every 57 months. Volunteers will need to indicate they are a volunteer to receive free clearances.
-The following websites must be utilized when applying for clearances.
https://epatch.state.pa.us for Pennsylvania State Police Criminal History Check (This will be available immediately through the web portal and you can print out the results and send them in.)
compass.state.pa.us/cwis for PA Child Abuse Clearance. 3 business days online, and will come in the mail 2 weeks. People obtaining this clearance for the first time online will need to create a Keystone ID account. This will be done from the first page; “CREATE INDIVIDUAL ACCOUNT” If you have done this before online then you will only need to log in through the “INDIVIDUAL LOGIN” button
-FBI fingerprinting is not required unless the school districts we have classrooms in require it to be completed.
If a classroom is not in a school district and the volunteer has lived in PA for 10 years, they will only need to sign the Disclosure Statement Application for Volunteers. This form can be requested from your child’s teacher.
The FBI Clearance can be obtained at: (Department of Human Services) Volunteers cost: $22.60- https://uenroll.identogo.com/ (Preregister and pay online and then physically get fingerprinted at one of the designated locations- Service Code: 1KG738 (Pennsylvania>DHS-OCYF>DHS Child Care Services/Program Employee or Contractor) by mail only, roughly 1 week after finger prints are taken. Give us fingerprint registration in the meantime as proof.
-Pennsylvania State Police Criminal History Check must be within 90 days
-Once clearances are obtained, they must be renewed every 57 months.
2. Additional forms to be completed:
A grantee must contribute 20% as non-federal match each budget period
For a volunteer’s time to be counted as in-kind it must adhere to the following criteria:
- Services provided by the volunteer would have to otherwise be allowable costs that would be purchased from a consultant or other individual or provided by salaried personnel
- Time spent by governing bodies such as the Board of Directors, and the Policy Council for time spent in their decision-making capability related to the Head Start program
- If a teacher or home visitor provides the child’s parents with written plans that are necessary to accomplish the program’s goals
- General parenting duties do not constitute activities that can be counted as in-kind
- Time spent by parents on fundraising activities cannot be counted as in-kind
The Volunteer Verification PG-19 must be used to document donated services. The PG-19 is to be turned in to your teacher or home visitor by the end of each month.
We like to show our volunteers how much we care about them by acknowledging and celebrating their achievements and impact with our organization.
Volunteer Hour Recognition
51-100 $5 Sheetz Gift Card
201-300 $10 Sheetz Gift Card
301-400 PBIS T-shirt
401-500 $25 Sheetz Gift Card
*Top 3 over all get trophies
Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS)
- Parent educational involvement is an important avenue for enhancing student outcomes. School wide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Supports (PBIS) is a system and coordinated framework used to support student behavior. The purpose of coordinating and sequencing family engagement within PBIS is to increase the efficiency, effectiveness, relevance, and durability of PBIS by supporting children across settings.
- Parent Volunteers